Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Playing......Territorially?

Today I played a 2k, and tried out playing territorially, instead of going for influence. Surprisingly, I won! I think it was fairly close, but he resigned....I think he may have underestimated how bad I am at endgame, because I thought it was very close. Here's the final position. What do you think? Should he have resigned? (I played black).

In other news, my first class went very well today- the professor is a good speaker, and the subject material (Early Middle Ages) is fascinating. There is a weekly recitation section led by a TA in addition to the two lectures a week, but surprisingly the professor intends to do all the grading himself. I've never had a professor do that in a class with a TA before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I do find it strange that he had resigned. He had a quite large framework in the west and you didn't have that much territory.