Monday, July 26, 2010

First Post in a Long Time

Yep, this is a post, after many months of inactivity. I've decided to expand the set of topics covered by this blog to more than just Go. One reason is that I play Go a lot less now than I did before, and another is that I finally made 1-dan! The event was not at all dramatic, as my KGS rank drifted across the 1d/1k line after several days of inaction, so there was never a game that pushed me across. But the biggest reason is that I didn't have that much to say on Go- as shown by the dearth of posts.

So, I will now be posting on anything interesting that comes to mind, and hopefully presenting some interesting perspectives. There will probably be much overanalysis, hopefully with stats and maps.

But first, I need a new name for the blog. Shodan has been achieved, and.....well, I suppose the Beyond means that I could still keep this name. But I think I'd prefer one without an explicit Go reference, since this will no longer be devoted to go.

No comments: