Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Shake Shack

First post in ages (since I started working in fact...)!

The Shake Shack is a fast food stand in New York City's Madison Square Park. They are famous for exceptionally good burgers.....and exceptionally long lines. On Wednesday, I decided to try it out for lunch.

Unfortunately the wait time was longer than I anticipated- I spent about 45 minutes in line, and 10 more minutes waiting for my food to be prepared. Considering it's New York, it's really shocking that so many people are willing to wait so long for food! Is the food that good?

Well....the burgers are great, possibly on the level of those of In 'N Out Burger in California. Probably not good enough to warrant a wait of an hour for lunch though- and yet waiting in line outdoors in the park was actually quite nice. It's like an oasis from the fast moving pace of New York City. Perhaps that's why people are willing to wait so long for food here.

In my next 2 posts, I'll hopefully talk about Acadia National Park and Boston's newly renovated Harbor and Downtown.

No comments: